Friday, October 8, 2010

Unnatural Skies Tipped With Golden Towers

This morning was perfect. I woke up early(ish) for a run. As soon as I stepped outside the weather hit me. The air was that perfect temperature that you feel completely comfortable in. I wanted to just lay down in the grass and soak it up. Instead, I forced myself to run. Though after about three minutes my lungs were burning as I gasped for breath, I couldn't help but notice the glory of the morning. Everything was vibrant and alive. I felt like it was springtime, though fall is beginning to surround us in its cloak of colorful leaves and chilly nights. I ran up the sidewalk in the direction of the sun. Every puddle glistened like a pane of glass, except the glass would be made of silver. I ran by beds of bright flowers, and grass so green the Emerald City in Oz would have coveted it. (DU waters the grass, a lot)


As I walked home from work later on in the day I glanced up and noticed the sky. The sky itself wasn't visible, blocked off by a solid sheet of deep indigo clouds. The deep purple and blue faded paler and paler until, by turning slightly, all you could see was a sea of perfect puffy white clouds. The golden roof of the tower at the Richie Center shimmered in the sun, contrasting starkly against the indigo and white.


Fall is in the air. The alleyway I stroll back to Halls through is gently sprinkled in yellow leaves. The sea of green above is speckled with yellow and red and the ivy lining a fence is striped in crimson. Fall's chilly winds aren't my favorite, but the vibrant and lively colors of everything make a walk well worth it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment