Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Have a Shelf Full of Procrastination Pills and I'm Overdosing

I feel like the title is explanatory enough. So instead of doing homework, I'm blogging!



So today was incredibly stressful. I almost had a nervous breakdown. I was very near tears at work, which was only slightly awkward. The reason for my stress? Class scheduling...pure torture for college students. Figuring out my art classes, Russian class, and writing class isn't exactly easy. But I realized stressing so much wasn't particularly trusting. So I stopped, looked, listened, and placed my scribbled tentative school schedule in Jesus' hands. It felt so much better.

Imagine if you were given a word and a minute. In that one minute you are to write everything that comes to mind in relation to that word. This is the exercise we did in class today. The word was 'shore,' my result:

Shore. A beach. Sand, flowing for miles. An endless stretch of sea.
Can you make it in? Swim faster, harder, keep going. Make it back, back to the shore.

We were also assigned to write a poem. It could be in free verse or ballad form, I chose free verse, of course :)

Writing from my feelings of stress and trust earlier, this was my resulting draft of a poem:

hit
yell
strike
fight
refuse
rebut
fall
break

reuse
recycle
reconsider

stumble. fall.

crumpled again at your feet
crying
and begging
and pleading

giving in
letting go
then saying
no

and starting
again

from the top
One. Two. Three. Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment