Friday, October 1, 2010

Let's Go Shopping For A Cure To Narcissism

Sometimes people can be way too narcissistic. Let's be even more egotistical and make this all about me, I am way too narcissistic and egotistical. And I begin to think I am strong enough, big enough, bold enough, and brave enough to get through life on my own. I forget that I'm weak, helpless, and incapable of ANYTHING without God. My thoughts drift towards thinking Jesus is just there for the big moments, the times when I'm really upset or in need of a miracle.


Without Christ, I couldn't get out of bed each morning, but each morning after I throw back the covers and jump/fall from my way-too-high bed, I forget this essential point. And when everything's going well, I think I'm fine. Yet, as soon as I hit a rut in the road, I stumble, fall, and struggle to lift myself back up. Sometimes I don't notice Jesus' hands reaching for mine, lifting me out of the dirt, and setting me back on my feet. I think I was strong enough, big enough, bold enough, and brave enough, to do it on my own.


Usually, I fall in a pothole next, twist my ankle, and lie crying on the ground for awhile. At this point I start to wonder why I'm not strong enough, big enough, bold enough, and brave enough to fix my foot, stand up, and keep running. Jesus sighs, and when I fly headfirst into a manhole, He listens to me when I finally realize that I can't do it, and call for Him. He picks me up, and carries me, because I am weak, helpless, and incapable of doing it on my own.


 It's so incredible that He still listens! "A thousand times I've failed, still your mercy remains, and should I stumble again, still I'm caught in your grace," is the truth the song From the Inside Out captures. I am weak, helpless, and incapable. ONLY through Jesus and His incredible Love can I be strong, big, bold, and brave enough. Without Christ, I am nothing. He is the answer, the truth, the light, the love, the best friend, and the father I cannot survive without.

2 comments:

  1. this is almost poetic with the beautiful repetition. I can obviously tell that poetry class is doing its job! lol :)

    Your argument was convincing. It's funny how when we are at our weakest point, that is when Jesus is at his best work. Only by him are we redeemed. And I'm with you on the point you made--that we often times forget Jesus when things are going well, or one could say, we are being "accepted" by our friends and other human standards. I know I'm guilty of this philosophy. Yet, I'm glad you pointed this idea out, not only for fellow Christians, but also for those on the web.
    By the way, nice title!
    Your blogs keep getting better and deeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dashiki Store sale white dashiki shirts and black dashiki shirts which suitable for dashiki for men and dashiki womens. white dashiki

    ReplyDelete