Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Introductions

The timing was perfect. I was already studying Luke when one of our Cru leaders asked if anyone wanted to read and review a book studying through Luke. I jumped on the opportunity.

It's a 28-day long study going through the book of Luke. Every day there is a passage to read, a few short paragraphs with the author's thoughts, and then questions to ponder, as well as a prayer plan.

The book focuses on ACTS prayer structure - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication. I really like this structure because it is, I believe, very Biblical, and also an easy way to remember what to pray for/about, far easier than taking The Lord's Prayer and trying to make it applicable to life each and every time one prays.

I am too quick to jump to the Supplication aspect of prayer, forgetting about the other equally important parts of prayer.

Over the next month I will be working to change the way I pray, using this model, and also going through the daily study of Luke. And I've decided also to post the questions and my answers, as well as other general thoughts and such, on here!

So get pumped, cuz I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment