Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 01 - May it be so

This is actually from yesterday (Tuesday, April 17). I didn't decide to start blogging about it until today...so...

God Does the Impossible Luke 1:1-38

This passage is about God doing the impossible. First it tells about Zachariah and Elizabeth's miraculous pregnancy, miraculous because they were too old to bear children. Then we get to the exciting part, the appearance of an angel, Gabriel. He tells Mary of God's plan for her life, that she will give birth to Jesus. This pregnancy was even more miraculous, for Mary was a virgin. And Mary's response to this life-changing proclamation? “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”]

Now for some questions:

-In your mind, what would be the hardest thing God could ask you to do? Would you do it?
God asking me to leave my family to do His work. I think I could do that. It would be hard, they're the most important people in my life, but the knowledge that I would be with them again in Heaven and that I was doing God's will could, I do believe, allow me to make it. It wouldn't be on my own strength, though, that's for sure. All Jesus. All Him.

-Why do you think the angel told her [Mary] about her cousin?
I think it was to encourage her, to show her nothing was impossible, that this was really happening, and that she would have support from at least one person. Even if no one else believed her, even if everyone else shunned her, Elizabeth knew that she had a miraculous pregnancy from God and would believe Mary's story as well.

-The passage states, "The power of the Most High will come upon you." What does this say about God?
It shows that God is all-powerful, that He can do anything. It shows that He enters our lives in a very personal way, and that He is willing to get down on our level. We're too small and weak to make it to Him, so He comes to us.

-How does it make you feel that the power of the Most High, his Holy Spirit, dwells in you?
It makes me feel more ashamed of my sins, more conscious of them. How can I have those thoughts or speak those words when Jesus is living in me? I know He sees every thought and deed, but thinking about Him as being right there, first-hand view to my sin, that's intense. It also makes me feel humbled that He would come down to my lowly level and care enough about me to be that personally involved in my life. And most of all, it makes me even more excited to serve Him, even more wanting to be like Him, and just wanting to spend my life doing His will.

-Mary was willing to trust God in his plan for her. Where do you have a hard time trusting God?
My biggest fears are failing people, and having people leave. I'm terrified my friends will up-and-run, tired of me and wanting out of my life. That God is bigger that those fears, that God is bigger than people failing, that God is bigger than friends leaving are all things I need to trust Him with more. I can't conquer my fear of failure and abandonment on my own, but I can give it to God and He will help me through.

-What areas of your life are you doing well in trusting God?
I used to be really worried about where my future was going. I was terrified I wouldn't make a big enough difference with my life. I was stressed about grades and money. God has given me so much peace as I've asked for it. He helped me trust Him with where my life was going, and as soon as I fully let go and was willing to do anything, go anywhere, and be anyone, He showed me where He wants my life to go.

-What has God done in your life that you thought was impossible?
Honestly I feel like this is one I'm still waiting to see happen. I can't think of anything drastic off the top of my head, aside from my own freedom from sin and rescue from my failures and problems. But I feel like I'm still waiting to see some of the "impossible" promises or prayers fulfilled in my own life. I have hope, though. I haven't seen promises fulfilled yet, but I know they will be.

-What are the nearly impossible things coming up in your life that you need to bring before the Lord?
This one is a bit more personal...so I think I'll just give a broad and general: friends, family, Alex. And me making a difference in the world. I'm still afraid I won't, still afraid I'll fail God, so I need to give Him that fear too.

That's it for today! I should also make a short disclaimer that I may admit certain questions/answers/prayers because let's face it, not everything should be posted on the internet for the whole wide world to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment