Monday, September 27, 2010

Sing the Day Away

I love Sundays. The church I'm attending, Denver United, is amazing. I wish church lasted all day, and I wish Sunday came every day of the week. I've never felt that way before and I absolutely love it. The college class before church is great. We analyze biblical passages and it's superb. The reminder that Jesus will always be there for me, and will never give up on me is one I need to hear daily.

Thirsty:

Again
Always
Drinking this water

Parched

Drink, from me
Never
again
thirsty be

The sermon was fabulous as well. We're studying through Colossians and learning about growth in Christ. Jesus is in us, and that is the hope of glory. Jesus is always growing us and changing us and shaping us. We can never be perfect alone, but when we have the perfect Christ in us, we become greater in Him. A few great quotes from the sermon:
"It's less that we grown in Christ, and more that HE grows in US."
and...
"If your ladder isn't leaning against the right wall, every step gets you to the wrong place faster." - Stephen Covey

The sermon inspired yet another poem. I think it's the poetry class, it's rubbing off on me, I've never written so much (terrible) poetry before :P

I fought and battled
lived and loved
worshiped and idolized
This world

and

finally died
to live

no longer I
but You

I was talking with someone about my photography today. They asked what my main subject was. I talked (probably for too long) about my passion for beauty. I truly believe that the world is a beautiful place, and that splendor, elegance, grace, and grandeur can be found in nearly every aspect of life. There are so many minute details of life we pass over. That withered flower shoved towards the back of the bouquet that the hostess hopes no one will notice, or the cracked and mutilated window battling to protect it's home from the wind. A few withered berries on a dying bush, or an abandoned mannequin deposited in a dumpster, these are the moments I live to capture. I love the mountains, I love the sunsets and clouds, I love the majesty of a painting, or splendor in a sculpture, but I also passionately adore the small, unnoticed, and unappreciated moments that so many pass by.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your writing and that includes your poetry. It all brought tears to my eyes. I sure do love you Katie Kate!

    ReplyDelete