Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hidden Messages in the Words of the Fridge

We prayed in the little chapel on campus and ate at Jerusalem's on Evans. I love the food there. Right before my parents left to go home to St. Louis they gave me a cute little lion wearing a DU shirt. I named him Sherman. He resides near my beautiful pillow with the flowers and birds. He's happy. They also gave me a little metal tin filled with magnetic words to stick to my fridge. Two weeks later, I finally got around to placing these words on my little black micro-fridge. Rose and I spent about three hours talking about past friendships, poetry, Jesus, and love. When I got back to my room I found the tin of words and started sticking them, at random, on my fridge. It was like a secret message, a code or riddle to solve. As I put the words up sentences and phrases and feelings about my relationship with Jesus filled my mind. This is the result:

Hidden Messages in the Words of the Fridge
You fill
Safe and Smile
always warm 
secret (a)
you’re Beautiful
and Love
me
Happiness and Kindness
My heart to you
a friend, share I
help give, how? with
my
love
Hug
Together. Home. Us. 
love is my feeling
My feeling is Love
Listen
Like
Flower
Friend
Favorite
Enjoy
Comfort(ing)
me

No comments:

Post a Comment