Monday, September 27, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

Sometimes people waltz back into your life for no particular reason. The door has been shut, locked, dead-bolted, and buried in the back of your mind, and then suddenly it's broken down with a great battering ram and forgotten moments and people come flooding back. People don't always come back for the right reasons, in fact, they rarely do. They don't always apologize, or they do for reasons that pertain only to themselves. So, what to do? People come back, unbidden, to disrupt your supposedly peaceful way of life. The only response I've found truly effective, is to accept and forgive and possibly love in return. They're there for some reason. Even if it's purely selfish, or they want something from you, it's ok. Be there for people. Be a friend, forgive, even when people haven't extended the same courtesies towards you. 


And I'll admit, the title is entirely irrelevant to my post, I just enjoy Dr. Suess and felt like quoting him in my title. I'm actually not sure that's the correct quote...







No comments:

Post a Comment