Monday, September 27, 2010

I Never Have My Camera When I Need It :(

Denver's weather is spectacular currently. A little warm, in fact. Surprising, since according to the native Coloradoians, it should be snowing now. Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled it hasn't snowed yet. The wonderful thing about 90 degree weather in Denver is that due to a lower humidity level, the heat isn't as sweltering as St. Louis'.

As I was traipsing to class this morning, I glanced over at some ivy leaves blanketing a fence. Most of them were a deep green, but there was a streak of color cutting in, brilliantly red leaves brightening the scene.

A few moments later, the sun glanced off the broken shards of an old glass bottle. The glass glittered like diamonds in the sun's warm rays.

I spent around an hour today on an adventure delivering papers for the School of Art and Art History. I deem in an adventure because I may or may not have become slightly misplaced a few times. I asked around, read a few signs, and arrived at my destination only slightly sweaty and not the least bit disgruntled. Sometimes getting lost frustrates me immensely, but today's weather is so beautiful I was thankful to just be alive and outdoors. Walking back, I looked up at an apple tree. The tiny red fruits contrasted perfectly with the leaves and vividly blue sky. The colors were perfect. I bemoaned for the third time my lack of camera. I have to remember to put it in my backpack!

1 comment:

  1. You're a writer, aren't you? Silly question, of course you are! It takes a talent to make the outdoors so much more than just trees and clouds...

    ReplyDelete