Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Confession

So I'm halfway through this study of Luke. I've actually remembered/managed to post every day (knock on wood), and I guess I've been a bit proud of myself for that.

But what I realized is that it's super easy for it to be a motion. I've felt weirdly out-of-it for the past day or so, totally unsure why my previous feelings of just total joy at Jesus' awesomeness had mysteriously and suddenly waned. Looking back, there was nothing different, nothing had happened, and I was spending time with Jesus every day.

Then I realized that maybe my "time with Jesus" wasn't as much with Jesus as I'd realized. Getting rushed with homework assignments, meetings, and deadlines, I think I've just been going through the motions for the past few days. Quickly reading Luke and answering questions, failing to really pray through what I'm reading about, contemplate the words as they pertain to my life in Christ, grow, and learn.

So that's my confession. I've been going through the motions, not heartfelt and meaningful, failing to actually walk with Jesus and trust Him in everything, instead just answering questions. Like when you turn in the assignments to get an "A" in class, but don't actually learn anything. You pass, but you don't grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment