Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Bit of School

So in addition to my normal ramblings, I'm also going to be using this blog for my Photo Portfolio class. I'll just be posting artist statement/what I'm doing type stuff, as well as more photos. Yay! Pictures!

For starters, here's the starting point for my project. The whole class is built on forming one portfolio, so we'll be working on one project the whole quarter. I'm really excited! I'm trying to keep it pretty broad right now, that way I can take a huge variety of photos and narrow it down later in the quarter. . .

"To say we live in a broken world is true, but that we live in a beautiful world is truer still. I deeply believe this, that we live in a beautiful world. But I fear that many people don't realize this. They can't see the beauty in the brokenness, the joy in the tears. My project will seek to help others really see the world, not just look at with a passive eye, but see the beauty in the imperfection and brokenness of our world."

In addition to this, I want to explore broken glass, lights, shadows, feathers, and close-up portraits. Hopefully figuring out a good way to combine all of these things, but we'll see! It'll be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment