Saturday, January 7, 2012

Here and Now

It's really great to be back. The mountains are so beautiful, as always. Sunsets are infinitely more spectacular, sunrises equally awe-inspiring. The air in Colorado is crisp, fresh. It feels more alive. The past days have been unbelievably warm for winter, and today the first snow of 2012 graced Denver's bare wintry trees and eager earth.

The best part of being back, though, is friends. A few nights ago we spent hours sitting on the floor of someone's room, watching New Girl, various music videos, taking quizzes to ascertain which house in Hogwarts we would have been sorted to, looking up the history of hipsters, and rating our own varying levels of hipster-ness. Last night we all watched Lord of the Rings and sat around making immature jokes and laughing to the point of tears. I haven't laughed that well in a long time.

I love my friends, floormates, suitemates, and most of all my dearest roommate-and-best-friend-in-the-world. They are people around whom I can be fully myself, there is no worrying about what people think of me. I'm completely accepted for who I am, which is one of the most freeing experiences in the world.



It's so good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment