Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Redesign

So I've changed my project for my Photo Portfolio class about three times now, never truly settling on something I was really excited for, or had a real concept of where it was going. I've changed it, yet again, but this time I feel much more connected with and excited about my new direction.

Buttons, ticket stubs, abandoned earrings or broken paper clips, things are lost everyday. Dropped to the ground and forgotten about, slipping out of a pocket or from an ear, they've become lonely, homeless objects. As I find these things on the ground, in an empty room, on an abandoned table, or wherever, I will pick them up. By doing so, I redefine the object. I give it an importance again. Something lost or unwanted is not wanted, owned again. I'll photograph all the objects, most likely using black and white and a macro lens, to abstract the objects and bring them all together through the monochrome palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment