Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jango and Love (A Continuation of My Last Post)


I was chilling with my wonderful and adorable doggy, Jango, and thinking about a scene from a TV show I watched last night. The scene featured a distraught woman and her boyfriend. Her distress resulted from some rather tragic news she had just received from the doctor...she was incapable of birthing children. Her boyfriend tried to comfort her, wrapping his arms around her and saying, "It's okay, I love you, and I will always love you." Now obviously his undying love wouldn't give her the ability to have kids. It didn't fix the problem, in that sense. But all the same, the knowledge that no matter what he would always love her was a comfort. 

I was randomly thinking about this and how it's like Jesus. There are a lot of problems in the world. There's a lot of evil and sin, sorrow and pain. I don't understand it. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in that, the not understanding. I can't comprehend some of the evil that happens in our world. But sometimes you just have to let go. When you really think about it, God is perfect. We are so far from perfect there isn't even a comparison. Daily we do something to fail God, from anger to lying to murder, some sin is committed, and frequently. Still, for some crazy awesome reason, He still loves us! He even loves those of the human race who don't love Him in return. He loves those who have utterly rejected Him. He loves us and this world so much He'll never give up on us. If we're looking for fairness, that isn't fair. That's mercy. 

So what I realized is that even though the world can be painful, and I don't understand they why of it, that's not what really matters. Even though my life can be hard, and others lives even more difficult, that isn't the point. What matters is that Jesus loves me, and that He always will. 


No comments:

Post a Comment