Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friendsies and Life

I just got back from the HEIGHTS (the gym near my house, where I'm a lifeguard. It's pretty sweet) where I attended one of the boot camp classes. It was intense. I'm tired, and happy. Working out is loverly.

So I haven't really hung out with very many people here. Part of me was hoping that since I was home, friendships that ended would be rekindled. I'm still not sure what happened to make so many people "unfriend" me. I guess boyfriends and girlfriends change people's priorities. It's life.

I was going through photos on facebook the other day. Nearly all my photos are with people who I don't see or talk to anymore. It made me a bit sad at first, seeing all good times now over. Then I realized that wallowing in the sadness of friendships past wasn't going to get me anywhere. Better to just remember the laughter and fun and smile. Appreciate and be thankful for the times I did have with those people. It's sad the relationships are over. It's sad that either I scared them away or they didn't care. It's sad that we won't have those times again. But at least I had those times at all! I learned and grew and had fun. It's all a part of life, the endless cycle of people. Some people are just a dot on the painting of life. Others are long threads, weaving in and out. Some appear for awhile, disappear, and come back later. People come and go, change and grow, love and hate and hurt. We can't control it. So it's best just to live. Accept what comes, mourn what goes. Then stand up, wipe away the tears, and continue with life. Living in the past gets no one further into the future. The past effects our future, but we can never return to it.

So instead of feeling melancholy while I browsed photos, I smiled. I remembered the fun I had that one time, that one place, with that one person, and I enjoyed the good times past, and hoped for better times with new people to come.

And I've had some great times with a few friends while I've been home. The chickenologists from MRH are fabulous. We chilled and took ugly pictures. It was lovely. Hopefully Kaila will post the photos on facebook soon! I had a few other people from MRH over last weekend. We decorated cookies (sorta...mostly we just pigged out on deserts. Long time in the gym the next day.) and watched movies. Well...half of us stayed awake for one, go Bourne!

I've hung out with Megan a bunch too. She's pretty great. We mostly just talk. We journeyed to the mall the other day, trying on clothes, laughing at people or merchandise, and buying Christmas presents. I found some pretty great ones!

I went to the City Museum with Megan, her bff Holly, and Andre last week too. It was super fun! I love that place. It's the best. There was a campfire outside and they were giving out marshmellows to roast. We found some sweet little tunnels and just chilled, talking and scaring small children. Small being a relative term.


Tuesday Andre and I watched Get Him To The Greek with Russel Brand. That guy has a fabulous voice. He should have a band, I would buy his CD. The movie was good, a bit raunchy, but funny. "So when life slips you a Jeffery, stroke the furry walls." Andre's puppies are super sweet and really chill. We took a family picture:

















No comments:

Post a Comment