Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tea and Cupcakes

There really aren't any cupcakes...well there's a picture of them! I just thought that would sounded like one that went with tea. Currently I couldn't even have cupcakes if I wanted them. I've decided to go vegan for two weeks. One week has almost been reached! It hasn't really been that bad. I don't eat much animal product anyway. The biggest thing has been milk because I like putting milk in my tea. But thankfully the cafe I usually go to has soy-milk. I like that too! Also protein's a little harder since I can't put hardboiled eggs or cheese (I just tried to spell that "chease" ... silly me!) in my salads. But again it's been ok because they had hummus and chickpeas and beans! So it's actually been a quite nice little adventure. I don't think I could afford to go vegan ALL the time, and I think it would get a little annoying. I accidentally put honey in my tea this week before realizing that it's from bees. Oops. But I think I'll probably periodically go vegan for a few weeks or month or something. It's probably a good thing health-wise too since I can't slip up and eat ice cream or cookies or sugary cereal! 


So I don't really have a specific purpose with this post. I just felt like writing in general, but not a paper. I HATE writing papers for school! They're miserable. Even if it is something I'm interesting in, I hate writing for someone. The great thing about blogging is that it is 100% mine. It's free. There are no restrictions. If I don't want to capitalize my words, punctuate, or spell correctly...I don't have to! I don't have to worry about the correct word order, subject-verb agreement, having everything perfectly outlined, and best of all, no thesis statement. I'm awful about thesis statements, and have never written a paper that automatically had one. I always have to write the paper, then have someone else read it, figure out my thesis, and then I add it in somewhere in the introduction. I'm just not an organized writer. I ramble, I rant, and I don't like to re-read it later to make sure it's formatted correctly. I just want to get my information or thoughts or feedback out there and be done with it. That doesn't work so well in school papers! I feel like if I hadn't been homeschooled, and had therefore actually had legitimate writing classes, I'd be a little better with the correct formats, thesis statements, and the like. 


So I'm writing this paper on the value of photographs. I'll post it on here when it's done. I have to give a presentation in class about the paper. Though I'm not really a huge fan of the assignment, primarily since I hate writing papers, it has been super fun to find old family photos! 


My great grandma, Annie, was so beautiful. 

When I was little, I loved Peter Pan. I mean, I still do. But this was a bit more of an obsession. It was definitely my favorite game to play, favorite fairy tale, favorite movie, etc. Megan loved it too. We played Peter Pan ALL the time. So for Christmas that year my mom made Megan a Wendy costume and me a Peter Pan costume! I think little Jamie got to be Michael. 

My Grandma Gloria is the best woman I know. I love her SO much. She is incredible. I wish every girl could have a grandma like her. 




This photo brings back so many random memories. We'd just cut down that tree in our front yard. I was so sad! It had some disease and was dying, but to me it still looked fine. I liked it, it turned pretty colors in the fall and I loved jumping in the millions of leaves it shed after we'd raked. So dad had just cut the tree down that weekend, and we went to the Deer Creek block party for the first time that year. It was super fun and mom and dad let us get our faces painted. For little kids, that is the epitome of a good life! 


 This picture of my little brother, James, makes me laugh!





No comments:

Post a Comment