Monday, January 3, 2011

Hot Tea and Lunar Animals

It's so good to be back! I can't even describe how happy I am right now. Pretty much everyone feels bittersweet about being back at DU, I'm one of the few who is just completely thrilled to be back in Colorado. I mean I miss my family and the few friends I've got back in St. Louis, but Denver feels like home.

It's crazy cold here, though. When I first got back and was in Colorado Springs with Katherine I started to wonder if I'd be able to survive a week here, much less a whole year! Denver's better, though. It's 28 degrees, but the sun is out and it honestly isn't that bad. When the sun goes away and the wind blows it's a different story. There's snow everywhere, frosting the bare bushes and piled up on the lawn, pushed off the sidewalks. The roads are filled with a brownish slush, leftovers from cars driving through. The sun is out, the sky is blue, and everything is bright as the light reflects off the white snow.

First day of classes was today! I've forgotten nearly all my Russian. Thankfully most of the week is review time. We watched the cutest little animated Russian film. It had a little fuzzy pink guy with four ears. He was born on the moon, hatched out of an egg. His egg hatched and then he fell straight down to the earth, because he was on the underside of the moon. It was super cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hz3kHRRISU

I'm happy here like I wasn't in St. Louis. The people, the sun, the sky, the mountains, it all adds up to the equation for joy in my life. I feel...alive. St. Louis was all blah and boring, but I just smile and want to jump and dance and run for joy. Ok. Maybe that was a bit too much and slightly cheesy. In addition to being super happy I think I'm slightly sleep deprived. I didn't sleep between Thursday and Friday and probably haven't caught up on the sleeping yet. Plus, due to either excitement, a different bed, or the slight time change, I've been waking up at about 7am every morning. Good though, I worked out this morning and have an 8am class tomorrow!

Now, to homework. Eek. Gots to review that Russian and rewatch the adorable moon-guy movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment