Monday, February 23, 2015

An Honest Moment

Dammit,
Lord...

I keep falling
short

If I could walk around
on my knees,
would You expect less of me? 

Because the bar 
seems too high
and I believe that
You've asked me to die

To myself
self-ish gain
to my ways
man's high-ways

And I think I've said
no
again and again
to the whims of my
fellow man

But it's never enough
it would seem
Fall flat off my feet once
again

Bar's too high
can't reach that high
How much more do You want me
to die? 

When do I get to cry
"it's finished"
Have given enough to
once again feel
Your touch

When all I want
is to know You more
and this world around keeps
pushing me to the floor

Are my ways ever good
when only Your ways are God 

Do I only reach higher
when I find myself lower
Cuz every damn day
I fall even shorter

I'm seeking perfection seated
on a throne
and today feels like I'm battling alone

Do I only find perfection 
when I'm sitting on the ground
where heaven and earth meet
In a glorious dance
this miraculous romance
to find truth in the dichotomy
of dirt and divine

To stop reaching for a 
kingdom in the sky
find eternity in my heart
this Kingdom is nigh

Lord,
I'm still falling
short
flat on my face
growing use to dirt in my mouth's
gritty taste

Maybe in moments of
my greatest failure
are where I meet
my relentless Savior 

No comments:

Post a Comment