Thursday, September 12, 2013

Realizations and Reflections from Thursday August 22

I journaled this a few weeks ago, rediscovered it as I was flipping through old pages. Thought I'd share...


"I've been realizing a lot about me recently. I've been feeling so aware of my inadequacy in the bad, self-centered way.

And God showed me that I'm afraid. 

I'm afraid of letting go, of not looking at the waves and just clinging to His hand. Like I think so poorly of myself that I don't think He'd want to hold me if I actually fully let go. But then I know in my head He loves me so much, I so deeply believe in His unconditional love...but I'm still afraid. 

Like if I stop looking at the waves and reach out to grab His hand, I'm so broken and heavy I'd pull us both down. Which is so silly and I know it's not true...but I'm still afraid. 

I'm so afraid of not being enough I can't accept that I am enough

I want that gone. I want to accept, know and fully believe in my heart that I am enough, not for what I have done, but because of who He is

I will sink no more. 

My prayer is for God to reveal to me who I am in Him. Loved, redeemed, forgiven, beloved, His."

No comments:

Post a Comment