Thursday, February 16, 2012

Restored

Discarded, left-behind, unimportant, and undefined. These are the objects of my fascination. Stopping to pick them up, my collection of fallen pennies, single earrings, and ticket stubs slowly grows. They were dropped and forgotten, their importance in someone's life stripped away. As I stoop to pick these objects up, I give them importance again, I give them meaning once more, redefining a forgotten object, I give them a significance they had lost.
This redefining of objects, offering significance to an unwanted thing, has a deeper side. The things are allegorical for the unwanted children in our world, the millions of orphans in the world. Since a young age I have felt deep calling and desire to adopt children, to show love to the unloved, to rescue the unwanted and abandoned.
My passion for adoption is mirrored in this project, taking things that have been forgotten or abandoned, that no one wants, and giving them meaning and importance again. Redefined, no longer lost, but found.

No comments:

Post a Comment