Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Walls

I am
     the only wall you will ever need

                                                    Stop hiding
                                                   Stop fighting
                             against the wrongs you have committed
                               things you wish could remain hidden 

Shame is just a mask
Guilt a hidden dagger
         stabbing you again and again
                   never letting you get better 

The beauty of grace 
is you don't have to be afraid
Mercy new every morning
I've taken your cloak of shame 

                                        You can hide behind me
                                    because grace is an ocean and 
                                   I've already stopped the storm

When everyone says, 
                               "be perfect"
My outstretched arms say, 
                               "I already am"

When you hide behind a wall
a construct of your own two hands 
You limit a grace that is greater

           Shut everyone out
                           box yourself in 

It's not about what you can do
             
                                         It's about what I've done  

I'm tearing down your walls 
because I'm the only one
you need

No comments:

Post a Comment